Screen printing is a great technique which can be used to apply designs to lots of different items whether they be t-shirts, cushions or bags. Designer Sarah Kennedy will teach from scratch, the basics of textile screen printing: how to design a successful screen print with colour, type and how to work with a screen, stencil and squeegee. Participants will leave with the confidence of wanting to work and experiment further with the technique, as well as an amazing bag, printed with their very own design! The course is 3 hours in length, taught in English and is suitable for 7 people.
- The course starts with a meet and greet.
- An introduction to screen printing and the different screen printing techniques.
- A focus on the paper stencil technique the course will use and a demonstration.
- The colours and binder we use and how to work with them.
- Ideas for working with type, colour and scale.
- Participants designing their own design with 1 on 1 feedback and advice on how to make each unique print amazing
- Printing the designs (the mega fun bit!) Each participant will be able to print up to 3 colours onto a supplied canvas bags (they can also bring in additional t-shirts, bags to print on, we can print the same print up to 3 times)
- Not to mention cleaning screens, working together, extra top tips, Q and A.
All inks, paper and screen printing supplies will be provided. Participants can bring their favourite pencils and pens and also any ideas for their designs! It is also advisable to bring old clothes to wear as the inks we use will stain fabrics.
Sarah Kennedy is a designer from England currently residing in Berlin. She works on various screen printing designs under the name Snug Interiors.
WHERE AT BETAHAUS?
Once you arrive, pass by the bar in the Cafe and you will find Dialog ODC on your right!
Drop a line to email@example.com
Please print your ticket and bring it to the workshop!